The Cookeville-Putnam County community offers an unprecedented quality of life. Surrounded by rolling hills and scenic landscapes, our community offers a blend of small-town Southern hospitality and big-city amenities, making it the ideal place to live, work, play, raise a family and retire. Cookeville and Putnam County are among the most affordable communities across the country, ranking 8th Least Expensive Area in the 2015 Cost of Living Index, conducted by The Council for Community and Economic Research. Cookeville is home to excellent medical, educational and cultural facilities. Prepare to be charmed by our majestic mountains, rich historical heritage, art and cultural events, unique downtown shops, cosmopolitan cuisine and outdoor opportunities at our many state and local parks. Cookeville is one of the smallest cities in the Southeast to have a professional symphony orchestra, the Bryan Symphony Orchestra, and a public television station, WCTE-TV. With 100+ restaurants, shopping, arts, cultural and recreational activities, we hope you find the Cookeville scene more than just a friendly environment with wonderful Southern hospitality, but as A Natural Fit.
- A January 2016 study by SmartAsset ranks Cookeville as #4 most affordable place to retire!
- A “Where to Retire” community
- A Tennessee Top 10 upscale retirement community
- A National Main Street community
- A Tennessee 3-Star community
- A “Most Affordable” community
- An AARC Seal of Approval community